Monday, December 14, 2009

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO MY #1 VETERAN


On Veterans day I got the opportunity to go up to our State Capitol. My father was one of the main fundraisers to get the Vietnam Memorial built. This Memorial Day he was asked to speak at the re dedication. I am very Proud of my father's service in the military. He has been asked on several occasions to speak and I try to go as much as I can because I enjoy it so much. He has served our country for many years and has done his very best to do everything that he can to make this a better country. My Father was drafted into Vietnam just a couple of months after returning home from his mission. Then he was out of the military for around ten years and decided to go back in. One out of many reasons he returned was that he wanted to teach the new soldiers going out what he learn being at war so that there lives may be saved. I feel a great sense of Patriotic Pride for this country and for the men and women who fight to maintain our freedoms. My Father as instilled upon me a great love and respect for what we all have living in the United States of America. I love him very much and will always be proud of his service and example. Happy Veterans Day Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment